Become a Volunteer
Volunteering with The Arc of DFW Area is a rewarding experience for you and us. As volunteer-run, membership-driven organization we are always looking for people willing to donate their time and talents to our organization. We can’t meet the needs of the disability community without volunteers. We have many roles available:
- You can support a specific event or program by helping set up, facilitate, and/or clean-up
- You can serve on a program or event committee, helping us design and implement ideas or coordinate presenters and facilities
- You can serve on a committee to support fundraising, membership, advocacy activities, board member nominations, financial review, and more
- You can provide support services, such as designing and/or maintaining marketing/communication materials, maintaining our website, supporting our social media efforts, or assisting us with grant writing
- You can serve on our board of directors, joining us in maximizing the impact of The Arc and implementing our membership’s priorities
A few benefits of becoming a volunteer include:
- Becoming a part of a team of people actively working to create inclusive communities where individuals with I/DD live self-determined lives
- Building new relationships, because trust and friendships are formed when people work toward a common goal
- Learning about best practices, possibilities, community resources and much, much more
We hope you will consider volunteering with us. You can make a difference in the lives of individuals with I/DD and their families by being a part of our organization. No prior experience with disabilities is required; you just need willing hands and a willing heart.
Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.